Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Madness

...unfortunately not speaking of the b-ball type...just our life right now, or mine at least. I am hoping I am making things as fun as possible for the kids...and as normal as possible. Ya see, mom is having housing issues again and as usual, this is a problem for all of us. As the house with the most space, it would seem natural for her to be here but that is not easy either. These are issues for another blog on another day...this is a happy place to talk about my boys; not my mother.

So Brooksy....wow you are getting big! I say that each and every time, but its true! You and I have had one heck of a winter with stomach bugs but you seem to take it all in stride and are the star getting me through the tough times right now. I love to hear you talk. I love having CONVERSATIONS with you! I love sitting with you at lunch. It's nearly as good as having lunch with a girlfriend! We ate at the Corner Bakery together this week and not only did we talk and eat together but we were having fun doing it. I wouldn't have traded it for the world. You proudly climbed the big kid play structure at the gym this week while I looked on and were so happy for me to see you do it. Your little personality is shining through in everything you do. This morning Cole and I had to wake you. You weren't surprised at all when we walked in, you jumped up in bed and surprised us! It is hard to describe how funny you are and how much you are just one more piece in our family's puzzle.

Cole is making amazing strides in Kindergarten. I am so proud of your READING abilities. I love to hear you read books, signs, magazines, anything out loud! Your class has also begun to tackle math and you have a natural talent with numbers. We are keeping a journal that we write in each night. I love to look at the progress you have made in a few short months. I am looking forward to spending next week with you...its Spring Break, and Brooks and I get to spend all day, every day with you. Even after three-quarters of the school year gone, we still miss you during the day and look forward to spending more time with you.

No comments: