Thursday, May 17, 2012

Six years

Cole, I don't know why your birthday is always a time to reflect and look back on the past year, but it always is. You've grown so much this year, physically and figuratively. You are smart, independent, sweet, caring, inquisitive, and so many more things. You are a better big brother than I ever could have imagined. You are a candy-a-holic! You love video games and watching DVD's of Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and Dr. Seuss stories. You are a picky eater but you love carrots dipped in ranch dressing and salad of all things. You read part of a Dr. Seuss story to me at bedtime tonight and although some told me you would be reading by the end of Kindergarten, I guess I never believed it. The experience brought tears to my eyes. My baby is reading. I think reading builds your confidence and writing is challenging for you. Those small motor skills in your fingers just won't cooperate. I wish you liked writing and drawing more, maybe then writing would get easier for you. Until then we'll keep writing in your journal. Your birthday party this year was a Sunday celebration on your actual birthday filled with friends, some family, a moonbounce, all the candy a little boy could dream of and a 6 layer rainbow cake. I had a blast planning it for you and you are still talking about the best birthday party ever 2 weeks later. It's so easy to want to do these things for you because you are such a sweet little boy. Love you bunches!

No comments: