Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Excuses...excuses

I wish I could use the house as an excuse for my absence in writing on the blog lately but really I can't. We are really no further along with things around here than we were several weeks ago! We did finally order bedroom furniture and it arrived this past weekend. Now to paint so that we can use the furniture. When I try to think about what we've been doing, the only thing that comes to mind is that we've been trying to find our new groove. Weeks into living here, I don't think we are any closer :( We have a library ritual on Mondays but compared to our busy schedule in Alexandria, Cole and Brooks should be bored out of their minds. Many days we do much of nothing. Cole heads off to school, of course, brooks naps...I clean :) A couple of weeks ago we headed to Cox Farms for their yearly opening and again had a wonderful time of hay rides, slides, apple cider drinking and general fun. I hope this will continue to be a yearly ritual because I have as much fun as the kids. Brooksy's birthday is coming up and I have begun to plan for our first official party at the new house. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times but I CANNOT believe that my littlest,little man is turning ONE!

No comments: