Monday, November 24, 2008

Playdates and Cookies

One of the many things that Cole and I have filled our time with lately are playdates. Last weekend our friends Erin and Ella made the trip down from Bethesda (you'd think this was hours away since we've seen each other 2 times since Erin, Carl and Ella moved up this way in July!)...but such is so in DC. A mere 20 or so miles and you see folks every few months! In fact, it is just the same for friends of ours that live minutes away. Being at home with Cole all day has left me craving adult conversation and I have realized just how bad Craig and I are about keeping in touch with our friends. The sad thing is that I can't promise that this experience will make me any better about it. Sometimes it takes too much effort to coordinate children's schedules, then there is the space issue. I love to entertain but the house can seem so small when even 4 people are in it :)

Anyway other than playdates we have been taking part in plenty of free library story times and also spending time at the park, when weather allows. I am also trying to get motivated about job hunting! When every call I make ends with "No, I'm sorry we don't have anything right now," it gets a little distressing and each time it's easier not to pick up the phone. Hopefully things will look up after the Holidays...and after the Inauguration.

No comments: